More than 30,000 volunteers from around the world provide the backbone of the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Room programs. In the last year, volunteers contributed nearly 1 million hours of their time to support these Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) programs.
Help your local Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Room provide comfort to the families of ill children by helping with all aspects of operations. Volunteers can help with the following activities:
- Program development
- Event planning
- Serving families
Local Houses also need your help to:
- Clean and organize the kitchen – they need to be well stocked and organized so dozens of meals can be made daily.
- Clean and disinfect the play areas – many of the kids are susceptible to germs. Help them stay as healthy as possible.
- Exercise your green thumb by keeping up the garden areas.
- Sweep walkways and wash windows.
- Host a movie night. Bring friends or family with you to the local Ronald McDonald House for a viewing of your favorite movies. Make popcorn at the House, and invite families staying there to join in the fun.
- Host a game night at the local House. Provide different board games and invite families to join in the competition.
Also, many families are at a Ronald McDonald House for the holidays and special events. With your help, they can feel at home and enjoy these times. You can:
- Decorate the House with holiday cheer.
- Host a pizza party during a special sports or awards event.
- Host birthday parties for family members.
- Organize an art project focused on a holiday/event for kids at the House.
- Cook a special holiday meal for families.